Friday 1 January 2016

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Hey Guys,

Welcome to 2016. Wow. Anyway a new year a new blog, what do you think about my slightly new set up?
Moving on.
So as promised I am starting to review almost every book I read to keep you guys up to speed with my reading, and so you can get an idea on what I think. This one's almost an experiment to test some new stuff on so it might be a bit weird.
As I mentioned a while ago, I want to review Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo as I thoroughly enjoyed it and to bestow upon you my opinions.
Let us begin...

First of all we are greeted with this character Joost (not a spoiler it's on the first page) and I remember immediatly thinking 'oh god I hope we don't stick with this character' other than him the characters were fantastic. I didn't love any of them, but I liked the way they worked with story. I also like the various, almost forbidan, budding romances. The characters all paralleled eachother hard, but it really.
I like how we get the POV of all the characters so we get everyones backstory and a good feel for their personalities.
The heist was very different to what I expected, but I really loved how all the plans and pieces fit together to create this master plan. The twist at the end caught me by complete supprise though their was an inkling that it wouldn't go smoothly as planned.
Overall I really enjoyed it and I can'y wait to see what happens next, yes there is going to be a book two.
Click Read More to read my thoughts about the spoilery stuff but for you who haven'y read it, bye xx.



So first I just want say: OMG Inej.
Inej was probably my favourite character, I loved the way they called her the wraith and the the kind of pressure on her gives her an interesting character. I loved her backstory about being almost a circus preformer and thats how she learnt some of the stuff she uses to do her current job.
When she was carried away I lterally screamed at the book. Not even joking.
I love the decoy ship scene when they start to embark on their heist and the ship exploded, when Inej got stabbed and we first get to fully see that Kaz has feelings for Inej.
When Kaz pulls out that guys eye, that was horrible and graphic but it was interesing to me. I love Kaz he reminds me of a mix between an assassin and a con artist and it's interesting to read about. Kaz's backstory was really traumitising for the reader and we start to understand why he hates Pekka Rollins.
I love Jesper and his obsession with his guns. He's hilarious and I think he brought a lighter town to the book.
I could talk for pages and pages but I'm going to stop now before that happens.
See you soon xx
- A

No comments:

Post a Comment