Friday 29 January 2016

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

I know, OK! this is the third Colleen Hoover book in a row. I'm sorry!

Hey Guys,

So today I am going to be reviewing Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover. This is my fourth Colleen Hoover book in a row, I've only reviewed three. I think someone needs to stage an intervention, like now.

Anyway, Maybe Someday. I don't think this is my favourite but it is up there at the top. I loved the love story in this, it didn't feel at all forced, and it didn't feel too insta-lovey. It begins with mutual attraction which grows into love.

It follows a girl named Sydney who's boyfriend cheats on her, and she moves in with this guy, Ridge. You can probably guess that, yes, they do fall in love but there are some difficult obstacles in the way. Like I say for all Colleen Hoover book's; it's better to go in without knowing much.

I really loved the characters in the book and what they contributed to the story. The tragic event was a bit different to he others I've read, because the effects can't really be rectified at all. And, it didn't link the two characters together in their past.





That all I can really say, I will see you soon, all you non-spoilerys. I recommend you go read it and come back so we can discuss all the spoilers, so go do that. Bye xx

 Welcome, my spoilery people...

Sorry that sounded creepy.

The tragic event; Ridge being deaf surprised me quite a lot. The fact that he was so good at the guitar threw me with what happened.

OK, so we start with Sydney punching Tori, the excuse for why they did it was really awful. 'Oh, sorry we always have sex, it just didn't occur for us to stop...umm forgive me' I mean come on. I would have liked to see some resolution to their situation. We get that one scene with Hunter, but I would have liked to see what happened after to them.
Speaking of Hunter when they go to get her purse and Hunter asks if Ridge f*cking her and he says 'why do you think I'm hear for her purse. I gave her a $100 for the night and I need change' I laughed so hard.

I really like Maggie, a lot and I felt so bad for her. She has such a shit life and her boyfriend sort of cheats on her. I like how they referred to it as being 'a Tori' because that related it nicely to her own life.

Ridge's back story with his parents was really sad. How he came with the name 'Sounds of Cedar' was so upsetting, I was sitting there crying. I loved Sydney's reaction to meeting someone from the band and ho she was all like 'Sign my boobs' that was well done.

My favourite scene was where they go to that place and Ridge plays all the songs about her. I loved that, especially when she signs the word when. Warren added a hilarious aspect to the book. All of his witty banter and remarks made the book feel less sad and dark.

I always forget while I'm reading it but all the lyrics are real from Griffin Peterson, they aren't from real songs but this Griffin guys help make a soundtrack for the book. How cool.

I don't have much else to say. I did just read Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover but it's a bit awkward to talk a bout so i might skip the review for that one.I will see you soon

-A





No comments:

Post a Comment