Saturday 2 July 2016

Behind the Scenes // 1,000 Pageviews

Hey guys,

Today's post is a little bit different, it's a celebration, a rant and an explanation all in one. I don't expect it to be really long, so there will be another post soon. I'll do this in layers, basically talk about each topic in a separate paragraph.

First of all comes the celebration...
I've hit one thousand pageveiws!
That means different people all over the world have looked at my blog 1000 times, that's insane. I would like right now anyone reading this to comment something, anything to let me know that you are out there, and it's not just me. I always try to encourage people to comment, and I understand that it makes some people uncomfortable, but it would make my day.
Anyway, when I started this I was expecting like, two people to read it, but to see that you guys range from the USA to Romania to Malaysia is just insane.
So, thank you and lets hope for a second thousand to come.

So now comes the rant and slight explanation. So recently as I've mentioned, you guys have mentioned and it's the elephant in the room, I haven't been posting much these last months. This doesn't mean I've been inactive. A lot of the time I'm adjusting things that you probably don't even notice like fonts or slight colour changes. For instance I now have a new tab at the top 'reviews' that took an hour to set up. I don't want this to be a massive rant, but these are just things I wanted to mention.

Now for the explanation, I felt it was about time I gave a proper explanation for my recent ongoing absence. I did give a small reason a couple of posts back but that only really covered one month. Basically my life just exploded, I just seemed to be always busy. I'll give you an example, this was my week last week:
Monday ~ maths exam, english exam, athletics training.
Tuesday ~ maths exam, english exam, athletics competition (until 7)
Wednesday ~ science exam, best friends birthday, lifeguard training.
Thursday ~ athletics training, pack.
Friday ~ wake up at three in the morning go to Germany.

That was pretty much my life up until now where it seems to have calmed down, thank god.
I think some of it comes down to plain laziness. It takes 30 minutes to an hour to write a review. Then another half hour of editing, spell checking, drafting, adding pictures and then read throughs before it can be published. I didn't have time for that, and it's always such a daunting task when I sit down to tackle it.

I hope all of that cleared some stuff up, and also just another quick thank you to all the fabulous readers for bearing with me and getting us to 1'000 page views.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment