Wednesday 2 March 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas

Hey guys,

So I know another review, watch out for our collabed salt to the sea review and March book reveal. Now I've already read 'acotar' (the acronym for a court of thorns and roses) but I wanted to read it again because:
A. To do a review for it
B. Because I wanted to, deal with it.

So today I am re-viewing (get it, because I re-read it) A Court of Thorns and Roses (acotar) by Sarah J. Maas.

If you didn't know I am a huge Sarah J Maas fan, I think I've read all her books, she is my favourite fantasy author, and she really likes faeries. The Throne of Glass series is one of my all time favourites so when this came out I was pretty excited. The sequel is coming out soon; A Court of Mist and Fury (acomaf) 3rd May.

Onto my actual thoughts, because this is the second time I've read it, I was able to really pay attention to the little details, and the things I missed the first time. The first time I read it I didn't really like Feyre and I was whole heartedly Team Rhysand but now there are opinions I could change.

At first I couldn't really understand where the book was going too go, and I still think it felt quite closed. But, I theories and things I would really like to see happen.


So that is all for the non-spoilery section. Go check out the collabed review of salt to the sea and March book reveal. We;re all really excited.
I will see all the people who haven't read this yet next time, but if you have read it, for ward we go...

Welcome to my salty sea of spoilers...

Do you get it.

Now I actually started this last week and have only just come back to it, so apologies if I sound a little rusty.

As I mentioned before, I didn't like Feyre that much. I think it was because I was so used to reading about Celeana that Feyre kind of paled in comparison. Reading again has made me understand more about where she's coming from, she reminds me of Bella a bit.

I'm beginning sway to Tamlin, but I would still call myself team Rhysand. I love Feyre and Tamlin's relationship, but I much prefer Rhysand's personality, and his dedication. He did some weird, uncomfortable things, but I feel he meant well. He did protect Feyre as well.

One thing that annoyed me about Feyre was her brashness, she didn't go into that cave with any game plan, nor did she put much thought into the riddle. She spent three seconds thinking about it before stabbing Tamlin. Take a step back, slow down, and have a gods damn plan!

Reading it a second time gave me more of a chance of picking up on the things that I missed the first time, like what I've theorised to be Rhysand mating on Feyre. At the end of the book, when they're talking and he gets 'blown away'. It's kind of like imprinting from Tamlin.

If I had to pick one thing I didn't like, it would be the 'Tamlin's heart is made of stone' section of the book. It seemed cliche and kind of strategically practically placed. I liked how Sarah included it and all the clues, but I didn't like Feyre's speedy assumption that she should stab him and all will be well.

So that is all for the non-spoilery section, like I said check out our collab review down below and I will see you next time as well...

- just A

No comments:

Post a Comment