Wednesday 12 October 2016

Happy Blog Birthday!

Hey guys,

I know it's been a really long time since I last posted, and I know that is quite a regular thing for you to hear on my blog, and I'm sorry. I recently went back to school, and as this year I'm starting my GCSE's there's been a lot of pressure and a lot of homework. On top of my extra curricular activities I haven't really had much time. Not only has this really set me back on things like reviews I also hate leaving this blog derelict for so long. Also, my laptop is totally smashed up right now, which makes it really hard to use as I can't see the screen all that well. However, despite all of that I've made it through one whole year of blogging. So in celebration I thought I would bring you my 'YA readers, top reads' list. this is basically a list of all the books I'd recommend to any YA reader...

~ Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
Not only is this my favourite book/series it's also extremely well written and full of very attractive people. The depth of the story is so well crafted and the characters are all so real. There's something in it for everyone, and though the protagonist is a girl there are some very central men as well. And, as I mentioned, literally everyone is attractive so there's plenty of crush material



~ Only Ever Your by Louise O'Neill

This one is a fairly recent read for me, but I wanted to include it anyway. This book has a really interesting take on feminism and ownership of women. It really makes you think and can have a huge impact on your life. If you have any major body insecurities I would recommend to approach this book with caution, in can have a huge impact on your mind's view of yourself. However, it is an incredible, life changing book.




~ Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I'm currently reading the sequel to this one and it's making me remember how much this book blew me away. It's a fantastic heist novel and the group of friends in it a re so diverse and are hilarious. All the characters are so different that there really is something for everyone and it's not something I've ever read before in YA. You don't need to have read the Grisha Trilogy prior to this one but there are some minor spoilers in book two.




~ The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

What I love about this one is that they're fairy tail retellings but sci-fi. It's really fun to try and pick out elements of the original fairytale in the stories. The characters once again are really diverse and it's a great show of female leadership. I think it shows a really interesting projection of the future as well as it being a little unrealistic. The books are super easy to read and are quick to fly through despite them being long.





~ The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Now this one isn't one my personal favourites but to be accepted into the YA community you need to have this. It is such a staple in Young Adult writing and if you haven't read it you be very quick to be killed in the YA world. It is such a pioneer of it's style and really started this whole dystopian craze. It inspired books like Divergent which is also a major staple but I didn't really enjoy it. The movies are also great and among some of the best book to movie adaptations I've ever seen.




So there we go. I know there aren't that many on there and there are more I want to add but I thought this could be a fun ongoing project, I'll add to it regularly and you guys can see my YA must reads.
Thank you to all the people out there who can be bothered to read this blog I do appreciate it, and it's a nice feeling to know someone out there is reading and enjoying what you submit. Happy first birthday to my blog and may we see many more.
Also I apologise for any spelling errors but my computer is about to die, and it won't charge for some reason.

Happy Reading xx
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment