Monday 5 September 2016

Not Reading Empire of Storms?!?!

Hey Guys,

I can't believe it's only one day until Empire of Storms!!
Recently I've been hearing a lot of people who have heard spoilers complaining about the book. People have been hating of Sarah J. Maas and it's going as far as death threats. I think this behaviour is disgusting, your hating on a person for not fufilling your needs and wants, Sarah is one person and can not and shouldn't have to write exactly what you want. On the other side of things people are saying they just wont read it, because they're satisfied with the four books they have and don't want it to be spoiled for them, this I understand, though I am way to invested to not finish the series. My only concerns are for the death of someone like Rowan, Dorian or Aelin herself.

A while back when the title was first released I did a post on my theories for Empire of Storms (I'll link the original at the bottom) My theories still stand and hearing what other people are syaing they don't seem so outrageous so I thought I would bring them back for all the fans who just can't wait. I'll also list some of things I want to happen.

If you are not up to date with all the Throne of Glass books I'd highly suggest leaving to avoid spoilers and discussion of the first four books...


First let's talk about those all important theories, after reading Queen of Shadows I began to think of the things I thought were likely to play out as well as some of the things I would like to see intertwined...

1. Yrene Towers. Yrene Towers is a character we met in the Assassins Blade; The assassin and the healer. At the end of that particular novella Celeana/Aelin pays for Yrene to attend Torre Cesme, the acadamy for healers. Torre Cesme also happens to be the place we just sent Chaol. We've got to have her in the story. Sarah J Maas doesn't just write a chracter and leave them, they keep getting dregged up until they either: meet their end, or become a more central character. No one has really thought about her but to be the idea of her being in it just seems obvious

2. A big part of Throne of Glass is the POV's. There are always loads and they contribute to the story. Who do I think we will get a POV from? I have quite a few. We obviously have our main characters: Aelin, Dorian and Chaol. I think we will also get Rowan, Aedion and Manon, I don't know about Lysandra. But in addition I think we will get Yrene and Elide.

3. This one may be slightly far fetched and biased but, who cares? So I am a massive Celorian shipper. I love Celorian (celeana and dorian) and will do till the end. So, right now Aelin is with Rowan and I don't think she'll leave him without being forced to. Bringing back the 'Sarah doesn't just leave characters' we've got to bring Lorcan back. What I'm thinking is that Lorcan comes back and kills Rowan, after a long fight of course. Then, in a bling rage Aelin kills Lorcan. Not only does this allow the way for Celorian but it gets rid of Lorcan and brings the story with the war closer.

4. This one is less of a theory and more of a thought, but I'll mention it anyway. Arobynn died last book, and after all he was made up to be I personally think his death was a little under whelming. Aelin didn't even get involved, I thought killing Arobynn would be like when she killed Grave; torturous. So, I think Arobynn died to easily so I began thinking: what if he wasn't dead? I know it sounds crazy, conseidering Aelin did cut his head off. But, my mind keeps snagging on the idea. Arobynn is also the type of person the guess something like this and have a twin or a double or even using magic to get out of it.


Next I'll mention what I'd like to see in Empire of Storms, these are all things I'm not nessecarily expecting but would love to see.
~ Celorian
~ More Manon Vs Aelin
~ Some fun new characters
~ Dorian in general
~ Some new ships
~ Aelin rebuilding Terrassen
~ Arobynn not being dead
~ Elide's adventure
~ Epic fight scenes
~ More character building from some of the characters

I hope you enjoyed that it was a little different but I really wanted to post something the day before Empire of Storms comes out. Tomorrow I'm going to a book shop after school with my friend to buy the book, I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. See you soon.
Happy Reading!

-A
 Empire of Storms


No comments:

Post a Comment