Sunday 30 October 2016

Monsters by Emerald Fennell

Hey guys,

In the time where my blog posts came few and far between I got quite far behind on my reviews. You're probably wondering where my review for The Cursed Child is and it will be coming. Most worrying is the absence of my Empire of Storms review, I have read it in fact I finished it the day after it came out, but I thought I would re-read the whole series and then review all them as I want to have those reviews on here. after that long winded intro, today I'll be reviewing Monsters by Emerald Fennel, this book is a little different for me, however Emerald is among the authors I met at YALC and her book intrigued me.

This book is weird, It's very enjoyable but also very odd. The language is so different and makes the characters seem a bit weird in the head. I think the spin she put on her characters was like nothing I've ever read. he protagonists were young teens, but they already seemed so mature, and a little sadistic. This book surprised as it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Also the chapters are quite short which makes it easier to read.

It's basically about a boy and girl who meet over the summer and attempt to solve this murder mystery. The details are best left for you to discover yourself, and I really don't want to spoil it.





I would recommend this book, but I would be warned it is a bit weird. It's great if you're interested in branching out and trying a new genre.
I'm leaving this a non-spoiler review as there wouldn't be much to discuss in the spoiler section, plus I would like to get this out as I'm falling behind a little bit again. My next post will be a bit more exciting as will my next few reviews.

Happy Reading xx
-A


No comments:

Post a Comment