Saturday 20 February 2016

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Hey Guys,

I'm really sorry for my recent absence. I was in London, and I didn't have time to schedule anything but I'm here now. Yay! So, if you hadn't gathered today I'm going to be reviewing Unravel Me. This is book two in the shatter me series, I have yet to read book three.

I can't really say much, obviously. But, I do recommend that you give this book a go. It's not my favourite, but I did have some fun with it, and I think you will too.

I can say, however, that we did get to know some of the characters a bit better, as well as meeting some new ones. The mood was a bit different to the first one, all of the characters felt a little moany and weak. I was glad to have some humour in the book.

So that is all for this post (the non-spoilery section). Also, don't forget to pick up our book of the month for February; Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. Click the An Infinite Philosophy picture on the side bar to purchase it. All three of us hosts have now read, and loved it, we will be doing a big collab discussion on March 1st. So go pick it up and join us!
If you haven't read Unravel Me, stop here; but if you have, venture forward my friend.



Welcome to the cavern of spoilers...

So to start with, we have Juliette moping around in the training room. In the first book Juliette seemed weak, but she had reason, now it's just annoying and weird. It irritated me how she stopped making an effort to fit in with other people, then complained about being lonely. Juliette complained about everything.

We did, however, get to know Kenji better. I appreciated Kenji; he put Juliette in her place, which was needed. He also added a funny feel to the story, which was also desperately needed.

The book went into a lot more detail about how the powers are made, and how some people obtain them. I can't help but find it so convenient that the two boys who love her can touch her. But, we learn that it is really hard for Adam to touch her, and that it can be quite draining.

I'm beginning to see how people like Warner, but I still don't like him much. He seems weird, kind of messed up, and sort of psychotic. He, however, is nothing on his father, who is psycho extreme. I liked to read about someone so messed up, even though he posed as the villain.

I know I didn't touch on everything I could have and would have, but I have other things to write. I'm currently editing chapter 2 of Silhouette of a City (from now on I will just refer to it as; Silhouette) which will go onto my book page, so check that out. I am really sorry for my absence, but I have some posts coming up soon. See you soon...

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment