Tuesday 29 December 2015

Top Books of 2015

Merry Christmas!,

It's actually crazy early in the morning right now but it's Christmas so what the hell. I would like to apologise deeply for not posting for ages, or keeping to my schedule, but I've been super busy; I wasn't here last week, or the week before. I was laptop-less, it was a sad two weeks.
Now for the actual purpose of today's post, I am  going to be giving you the top books I read this year. The books for the most part follow this criteria; I have to have read them this year, and I have to read more than one in a series if it is one, unless there's only one book out at the moment. Here we go (this will be long)
P.S. There is no order from 10-1, well 15-1...


1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
This one should be no surprise considering how often I talk about it. The writing style is fantastic and the story is really in depth. The characters feel really real and they each have individual personalities. Their are four books out in the series and they are getting better with each book. I am wholly obsessed and have probably re-read each book at least 7 times. And just to let every one know I am and always will be shipping #celorian so deal with it you rowailen and chaolena fans.

2.Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
I finally read this this year and I was kind surprised with how obsessed I've become, you'll find that a good book is like a drug. I don't really need to say much because everyone on the earth has read this so... yeah.

3.Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan
This includes The Olympians and Heroes of Olympus. I was very late on the band waggon with these but to me they were kind of like MY Harry Potter. I read them with my friend and we enjoyed discussing various passages so they were something I really looked forward to, when I bought them.

4.Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
This one really surprised me this year. I read it fairly recently and I absolutely loved it. I didn't love, love any of the characters but they all interested me and gave a different personality to the book, and the various twists throughout the story is really interesting and keeps you guessing. I'll probably review it sometime soon.

5.Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I included this in my favourite fantasy books or series, but now I have actually finished the series and love it even more. The ending was perfect and just what the series needed. I'm interested in reading Bloodlines to find out more about what happens to Adrian.

6.The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
I read The Mortal Instruments last year and really enjoyed it but this series was a absolute ton better. The characters are better and the story is better, but not by much. I really love Will Herondale which helps. I recommend you read The Infernal Devices before The Mortal Instruments to avoid spoilers.

7.Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
This is included because Library of Souls came out at the end of September and it was explosive! I really loved the first one, which I read 3-4 years ago, then I super mega loved Hollow City book two which was much more fast paced and adventurous. Then this year book three comes out, I've pre-ordered it I am ready for this, and BAM it was phenomenal every thing I wanted from the last book in the series especially at the very end, with the mental hospital car scene, if you've read you'll know what I mean

8.A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas
Another Sarah J Maas book but what can I say she's a fantastic author. I read this after reading Throne of Glass because I was hooked on her books and I wanted more by her so I bought this. Whilst reading this I was surprised with the turn of events mid way through the book but I think it was an interesting yet reasonably subtle twist. Feyre (the main character) kind of irritated me a little through the book but I still enjoyed it. P.S as of right now I am #teamrhysand.

9.Paper Towns by John Green
I just recently watched the movie for this and it was also really great but not as good as the book. I really love john green's writing and the way he will always make me laugh or smile because of a subtle joke. I really love the way he put the bread crumb trail together even though it was supposed to finish, there were still clues to follow. The book made me want to live and experience and adventure for myself, the road trip was by far my favourite part, though I did like the 9 wrongs as well.

10.All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This book. I love this book, I love all of the quirky elements to it and the story is so so beautiful. If you've read it then you know what I mean about the ending. I love the way the love story unfolds and the way they travel and see the state, I also love the inside jokes that mean a lot in the story; like post-it notes.

11.Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
This is probably my favourite contemporary of 2015, I loved it. The thing I like about this book is it isn't a really soppy love story though it could be. It is quite relateable to some people who, like Audrey, suffer from social anxiety or depression. I love the way it is told in first person because it makes the reader feel more included, and I really love experiencing the twists and turns of Audrey's healing process. The inside jokes are also really funny for this book too. I'm currently audio booking it as well.

12.The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This is probably the only modern classic, so far, that I have actually enjoyed and read to the end. The main thing I like about it is the way it is written in letter format, I love books with different formats and style intertwined through the story. It fells very realistic and I love all the characters and the way they fit into the story. The twist at the end is hard to catch, but if you do it is really sad.

13.Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
This one was interesting. I really love the mystery aspect to the book and the fact that it shines through as a funny and light topic, I like all the glimpses at the past that we get through the course of the book, and their are a ton of funny statements and jokes that make the book even better. By far the best aspect of the book is, of course, the list. I really love the whole list, the way it makes the main character do things she'd never dream of doing. The book made me want to live my life in a more fun way and have those interesting experiences.

14.Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Another book that surprised me. I loved the beginning because we immediately sympathise with main character because of what is going on, we experience her life straight away. I loved the writing and the format, it includes pictures and diagrams and short passages and book reviews. The twist at the end was something I didn't expect but I wasn't to surprised when it happened, but I really feel sorry for the main character and, in fact, her mum who obviously just doesn't want to lose her.

15.To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Hann
Another 2015 contemporary fave. My favourite thing about this book is the characters, no doubt. I love the way the letters bring the adventure to Lara-Jean. I kind of prefer the sequel P.S I Still Love You because we are introduced to John Ambrose Mclaren who is gorgeous. I love the inclusion of that mean girl Genevieve which adds a good aspect to the story. I love the assassin game and the various confrontations in the books.

15 books for the 15th 2000, if that makes sense. I would just like to add that I am really sorry for my absence and will be posting something on it later. Also, I started this post Christmas morning, hence the beginning, but only got round to finishing the post now, it was quite long. I hope you understand.
Bye xx
- A

No comments:

Post a Comment