Tuesday 8 December 2015

Currently Reading

Hey Guys,

I have actually managed to stick to my schedule even though it's only day one of properly using it. I would like to also apologise for going on about 'seeing you on Monday' I got a bit confused and didn't realise until after posting it, now I could have changed it but I like to leave my posts in their practically original form so I left it. Now on with the main purpose of today's post...
 So as promised today I'm posting a currently reading. So I am currently reading shatter me by Tahereh Mafi. I am on page 167 and I am currently loving it...

Blurb:
I have a gift, I'm more than human, My touch is power, I will fight back.
No one knows why Julliette's touch is fatal, but the Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Julliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time-and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.

 Even though I'm only half way through I can already tell it's a new favourite. It feels quite mysterious and the writing style is so beautiful and unique. Tahereh has this thing with her writing where she crosses things out and replaces them, almost like in real life and it's really cool. Another cool writing feature is the way it's written so metaphorically she describes things in a really weird yet interesting way that really makes the reader think about what is being said.
The story and characters are also really interesting and we are slowly getting to know them see their back stories and feel their personalities. We haven't so far gotten a description of the main character which is different but we get a feel for what's inside instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment