Tuesday 20 October 2015

Top 10 Contemporary Books

Hey Guys,
So my last post was top 5 fantasy series so onto the other end of the wheel 'Top 10 Contemporary Books.' Contemporary (or from now on Comp for short) is my second favourite genre but because they are generaly stand alone it means I read more different ones. Also I will not include photo's as there are ten books I mean come on, no.
Let's begin!


10. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
The main reason I love this book is the story. It's a coming of age story about a boy named august who has severe deformaties. I like the way it's written and it really gets the message across about bullying.

9. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
Warning this book is sad. Although this book is sad and sort of depressing the writing is really beautiful as is the story. The language is quite scientific which puts an interesting spin on the book.

8. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
OMG this book is so different, from the language to the format of the story. I like the writing and the story is really different. The twist at the end is just so incredibly ming blowing.

7. Eleanor & Park by Raindow Rowell
Rainbow Rowell never fails in writing contemporary and this one is fantastic. I love the young love story and the way it's written is fantastic. The characters are really well developed and the ending is so heart wrenching.
 
6. Paper Towns by John Green
Another John Green book. Although TFIOS is more dramatic and sad I prefer this one. The bread crumb trail is really well put together I love the mystery that is Margo Roth Spieglemen and all the characters are really well backstoried. I can't wait to watch the film.
 
5. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
It's hard to explaint he depth to which this book moves you as it never sounds good enough using words, the only way to describe it is simply 'Read It'. The characters in this book are so involved and developed. The way the duel points of view is done is something special.
 
4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
As I've already said Rainbow can write a good contemporary. I prfer this one because I fing it more relateable and I prefer the characters a little bit. This one also features snipbits of a fantasy book which is really unique.

3. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Hann
 I love this book. It is actually the first book in a duology I belive. The writing is really sweet and enthralling the characters are so well written and they feel really relateable. It is kind of a generic base line that is built upon with great characters and story.
 
2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
This book is just AHHH incredible. The characters are really interesting I love Finches personality and violets developement. The end is so heart breaking and heart wrenching. The way they leave something where they go and the post it notes and the blackhole lake and and and ti's just so so so good.
 
1. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
This is a fairly recent read but it captivated me. It is so fun and light and hilarious to read but it does carry a darker note. For some people it can be realteable as it is about social anxiety whivh is something I suffer from so I realated. The characters are so lovely and lovable. I like the different components to it and the involvement of the parents is really interesting and new.


Those are my top 10 Contemoroary books. Just to say the colours represent the colour of the book cover.
see you soon...
-

No comments:

Post a Comment