Friday 6 November 2015

Martian Movie Review

Hey Guys,
So today I'm going to be reviewing the martian movie. I actually saw the film beginning of October but only recently thought to review it. Let's review...
So I would first like to mention the special effects. I think everything they used was really well done apart from near the end when he was 'flying' from the incision made in his spacesuit, other than that small part I think it was pretty well accomplished. The Martian terrain as such would, I think, have been easier to create as it is mostly dessert but still, it looked pretty legit.

I love the format the film was done in as that video diary. You probably don't know this as I've never mentioned it, but when reading I really enjoy a different book format e.g. when a book is written like a letter or diary or a play script (like Shakespeare) so I enjoyed the book and film format.

Finally I think the casting was well chosen and the parts were played really well. In the book I really enjoyed Mark Watney's character and personality traits and I think in the film they managed to captured him reasonably accurately which is good.

Overall I think the film was well made and it didn't stray too far from the plot and managed to get most of the book's content in the film which is great. See you soon,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment