Monday 13 June 2016

An Infinite Philosophy May review // collab

Hey Guys,

So it is time again for our end of month review. This month's book was A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarh J. Maas. I have already done my own personal review if you want to check that out to hear my more in depth thoughts.

Without further ado I bring you next month's book Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kristen Cronn-Mills!
*confetti*

Also we are missing Maud from today review as she didn't have enough time to finish the book, though she may add her paragraph later on
On with the chat...


-A

Well, this is one of my favourite books we've read for An Infinite Philosophy. I absolutely loved it. I can't compress all my thoughts into one paragraph so this is going to be a challenge. First of all I need to bring up #Feysand, I am a committed Feysand shipper. I was shipping Feyre and Rhysand all through book one, so all the people who switched: Rhys is mine!
The sexual tension throughout this book is through the roof, it makes the reader feel a little uncomfortable, though it really pushes you towards wanting them to get together.
I really liked the depth we got about the whole of Prythian, and I loved the trip to the summer court. I don't see how people can still like Tamlin, especially after he teamed up with the King of Hybern. I'm really excited next book to see Feyre training with her powers, and discovering new ones.
The mortal queens, those b*****s, I really hope that they don't survive becoming Fae, I really don't think they deserve it at all.      
Velaris is my next holiday destination. The whole place sounds absolutely stunning, I was so annoyed that the queens betrayed them and it was attacked. However, I really enjoyed seeing the extent of everyones powers and, seeing the squad work together.
At the end of ACOTAR I was confused as to how ACOMAF would be, because I didn't really see any loose ends for her to tie up. This time, well, I can really see hoe she's going to wrap it up, and I hope she does it well.
One of my favourite scenes was the falling stars scene when Feyre and Rhys danced together, and there was that weird magical star slime on there faces. I loved that scene.
And, finally, the end. The whole was just insane. There was twist after twist after twist. It was crazy and would take so long to go through. But, when the 'bond' broke that's earth shattering.

- Emile

I used to like Tamlin, but not anymore. He is so horrible to her! He locks her in the house and leaves. It is clear she is traumatised, it is clear she needs love and support and yet he leaves day after day and locks her in. No wonder she left. Tamlin, there are many horrible things one could say about you, but I would rather keep this clean, so... you're and idiot. And then the handsome prince of the night court turned up and it was all fine and dandy. Not. But it was amazing and I love this book so much.

I have to admit I was skeptical about ACOMAF before it came out. I was sure that the story was all wrapped up and I was worried that the book wouldn't really have a plot. I was not disappointed. It had none of that second book filler that is just a link between the first and third because the author wanted to make more money by making it a trilogy. Oh no. It is fabulous and I have so much faith in Sarah J. Maas that the next book will be even more mind blowing.

I love the descriptions of Velaris, it sounds so beautiful to me. A place to be creative and feel alive. My kind of place.

Cassian and Azriel and Mor are all such brilliant characters. The dynamics between them are really interesting to read and they bring so much to the novel. I really hope Cassian's wings are okay in the end; it's horrible seeing him hurt. Amen is also interesting with her blood drinking. I'm hoping one day we will find out what she is, and more about her background.

All this is brilliant, but without a doubt the best part of the book was Feysand. When he holds her hair back when she's sick after a nightmare. When she comforts him in the middle of the night.  When she strokes his wing for the first time, and his breath hitches. When she finds out that they're mates. When he turns up at that hut after she's been there for days and, um, stuff happens on tables. Yeah. I know have unrealistically high expectations of my future husband. Whoops. Only Rhysand is good enough for me. I will also accept Dorian or Will Herondale.

I can't write anymore because we had exams this week and I'm super tired which I shouldn't be because I have more next week and also if I write anymore I'll never stop rambling about the sheer beauty of Rhysand.

Actually, just quickly, I really liked that in this book there is a male victim of sexual abuse. That is not something spoken about enough, and I liked his hurt and vulnerability. It made him more realistic and much more likeable because real people don't have stone hearts, and don't need to to seem brave or powerful.



No comments:

Post a Comment